Genityte - A Non-Invasive Incontinence Treatment For Women
Genityte is a patented treatment for three common medical problems that result from pelvic floor relaxation: Urinary Leaking, Vaginal Wall Prolapse, and Rectal Leaking. The procedure tones the entire pelvic floor from pubic bone to tailbone.
The Genityte procedure is 100% non-invasive. No surgery, no injections, no recovery time. Genityte uses infrared light to gently heat skin, tissue and muscle, reaching up to 2 inches in depth, to treat laxity in the external genital region.
Biostimulation from infrared light initiates the natural processes of ‘neocollagenesis’ and ‘neoelastigenesis’ (new collagen and new elastin formation) giving improved tone that is lasting.
How Genityte Treats Urinary Incontinence
Normally the urethra maintains a tight seal to prevent accidental loss of urine when properly supported by strong pelvic floor muscles and healthy connective tissue. Aging, pregnancy, childbirth, and loss of estrogen from menopause all lead to laxity and loss of tone making it harder for the urethra to tightly seal. Without strong urethral tone and support, ‘stress’ such as walking, lifting, coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising as well as strong urinary urges can cause the involuntary leaking of urine, or incontinence.
Genityte strengthens the tone of the urethra and supporting tissues giving back a tight seal to better control accidental loss of urine.
Genityte returns the urethra to a normal position, treats urethral hypermobility, and significantly improves both extrinsic (outer) and intrinsic (inner) urethral support.
How Genityte Treats Rectal Incontinence and Hemorrhoids
Genityte also treats vaginal wall prolapse (cystocele)(rectocele) as well as rectal incontinence and improves hemorrhoid tags, hemorrhoids and perineal scars.
Genityte is a patented medical procedure in the U.S., Canada & Europe, performed strictly by physicians who practice Gynecology and/or Urology. Patent No. 12/754,466.
Facts About Genityte
- It is the only medical treatment for female urinary incontinence that treats both stress and urge incontinence.
- This procedure treats all stages of urinary leaking and vaginal prolapse from mild to severe.
- It is a non-surgical treatment option for vaginal vault prolapse.
- Genityte is the first non-surgical treatment for rectal incontinence.
- It is ideal for patients who cannot have surgery, or have a sling in place.
- Excellent results with no surgery, no recovery time, no activity restrictions and no time off work.
- Unlike surgical treatment, if leaking gradually returns and pelvic floor tone lessens in the years to follow, “re-toning” with Genityte is safe.
- Tone the pelvic floor soon after pregnancy; treatment can be started four months after a natural or surgical delivery.
Areas Genityte Improves
Genityte improves medical problems that relate to key functions of the pelvic floor:
Bladder Function – improves urinary holding and urges
Bowel Function – improves rectal holding and muscle coordination of BM
Sexual Function – improves vaginal wall support and tone around clitoris
Postural Function – improves position of the sacrum helping low back pain
Benefits of Genityte
- Improved urinary control when lifting, coughing, sneezing, running, rebounding, jumping and exercising
- Improved holding when bladder is full
- Decreased frequency and intensity of urinary urges
- Decreased nighttime urination
- Improved tone and support of tissues – Kegel exercises more effective
- Improved starting and stopping of urination
- Improved confidence
- Improved vaginal wall tone; treating prolapse, cystocele and rectocele
- Improved perineal and rectal tone; treating rectal incontinence
- Improved hemorrhoids and hemorrhoid tags
- Extremely safe with remarkably consistent results
- No limitations of age or skin color
- No limitations with severity of leaking; can treat very mild as well as very severe leaking
- No limitation for use in patients with a sling or previous incontinence surgery
A Message from Dr. Julie Reil
“It’s easy as a physician to speak scientifically and technically about urinary incontinence but this treatment goes deeper than that. Genityte is a restoration of the whole woman, her dignity, her active lifestyle and her confidence.
Many women have tried and failed one or even two surgical interventions, leaving them in a place of no hope. These same patients, when they reach the end of their Genityte treatment series, are very pleased and even amazed with their results.
The Genityte story is a story of women caring for women. Women have come from all over the United States for help, trusting us with their most embarrassing medical problems.”
"If you had asked me this question pre-childbirth I would have never guessed that it could happen. This is a problem for geriatric women right? Not young healthy active women. WRONG! I think the magnitude of this problem is far greater than anyone can imagine because very few people are talking about it. Moreover, I think the only reason women of my age might be openly talking about it is because we’ve had the chance to have the Genityte procedure."
— PATIENT AGE 32
"I am a young, active mother who has had to give up running, softball, and golfing with my family because of severe leaking. After three Genityte procedures I got back 100% of my urinary control and the freedom to run, golf and play softball with my children. I am so happy and grateful to be back to me."
— PATIENT AGE 45, MOTHER OF THREE
"Genityte has indeed improved my quality of life. I no longer worry about finding a bathroom when out and about. I can be more active. Intercourse was painful before Genityte. Now there is no rubbing and I can again enjoy sex. Seems like my supporting muscles are improving instead of getting worse, as before Genityte."
— PATIENT AGE 56
"I feel like a new woman! There is no adjective adequate to describe the depth of gratitude I feel to have “normal” bladder function and a noticeable hemorrhoid reduction. I now go about life free from worry of embarrassing leakage or rectal bleeding. When I remember the before (how quickly we forget), a renewed rush of gratitude fills me! The procedure Dr. Reil has perfected is a huge gift to women. The atmosphere in the clinic is one of compassion and dignity, a reflection of Dr. Reil. Thank you!"
— PATIENT AGE 61
"I feel the procedure is a miracle. I was wearing a pad 24/7. I now wear one when I am going to be out for the afternoon or evening. Dr. Reil and her staff are so thorough in explaining the procedure. I was never “rushed”. The experience was more than worth it."